WELCOME to the Clarion County "On-Line" Marriage License Application site.
Your application is NOT complete until you appear together in the Clarion County
Recorder's Office with the required documents and fees listed below.
Before you start please note these important GUIDELINES:
1.Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply without parent's or court's consent. Applicants under 18 years of age may not apply online.
2. DO NOT APPLY unless you are within 60 days of your wedding date. The marriage license is only good for 60 calendar days once it is issued by the office.
3. PA Consolidated Statute Title 23 requires a 3-DAY WAITING PERIOD between the time the couple appears in the Clarion County Register and Recorder's Office to complete the application process until the license can be issued to the couple.
4. The marriage license may be used anywhere in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
When you come into the Register and Recorder's Office you MUST have the following:
1. A valid, government issued Photo ID (State Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, etc.) or a government issued birth certificate.
2. $43.00 Fee—Cash, checks, money orders, or credit/debit cards accepted. There is a $3.00 additional transaction fee if you use a debit/credit card.The license can be mailed to you for an additional $2.00 fee.
3. If a divorce has occurred within the last 30 days prior to your application, you must present a copy of a divorce decree signed by a judge.
4. The Register and Recorder's Office is located on the first floor of the Clarion County
Courthouse at 421 Main Street, Suite 24, Clarion PA 16214.
5. You must schedule an appointment to complete your application in the office by calling the Register and Recorder's Office at (814) 226-4000 Ext. 2500, Monday--Friday from 8:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m. The office is closed on national holidays.
6. Non English speaking applicants must arrange to have a court-approved translator present during the completion of the application in the Register and Recorder's Office.
All foreign language documents require translation into English prior to application. If you require assistance with this service or the names of such providers, please call the office at (814) 226-4000 Ext. 2500.
Instructions on completing the application on-line:
1. Turn off any web viewer pop-up Blockers before you start.
2. Answer ALL questions. If you do not know the answer to a question, enter "Unknown"
3. When you are ready to begin the application, click on the ACCEPT at the bottom of the screen. You can then begin to enter your information. You can also use the SAVE function to save information and return to it at a later time. When you are ready to submit the application to the county, use the SUBMIT function.
Marriage License Application Disclaimer:
Applicants are advised that persons who have been ordained over the internet may not be persons permitted to
perform marriages in Pennsylvania. A recent Court decision held that persons ordained over the internet are
not ministers as defined in the marriage law of Pennsylvania if they do not regularly preach to a congregation
that regularly meets at a place of worship. You are advised to consult an attorney concerning the legality of
PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you choose to be married by someone other than officiates specifically
listed and authorized by Pennsylvania law, the burden of proof regarding the legality (or lack thereof) of
your marriage will be upon you should future issues arise that requires a determination of the marriage's validity.
Effective January 1, 2006 COMMON LAW marriage is no longer valid in Pennsylvania.
Effective June 1997, BLOOD TESTS are no longer required to apply for a marriage license.